Saturday, May 03, 2008

Saturday Night Music

I have had a musical evening.

From 7:00 til 9:00 I listened to Randy Bachman's Vinyl Tap on CBC Radio 1. This week's show was the third in a series profiling songs that got stuck at number two on the charts. In addition to playing the second-place song, Bachman played the song that kept it out of the number one slot. The show covered the early 1970s so Bachman was able to play two of his own number one hits, or rather three, since No Sugar Tonight was the B side of The Guess Who's American Woman single. (The other single, by the way, was Bachman Turner Overdrive's You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet.)

After 9:00, I listened to music and worked compiling my database of music recordings. This evening I worked primarily on listing folk, blues, and world music CDs. It gave me a chance to listen to several west African albums that I had not heard in quite some time

No comments: