Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My New Mistress

I have spent a lot of time recently with my new mistress -- my new camera. It has been great getting back into photography, even if it has taken up every free moment since I bought the camera.

I took it with me when I went to British Columbia two weeks ago. I returned with over 300 photographs of different subjects, ranging from kayaks to swimming pools to train cars. Since I've been back, I've gone on several photography expeditions. The net result is that I have over 1,000 digital images that I have taken in the past month.

Not all of them were taken on my new camera, however. I have also discovered the beauty of low light photography using the Night Vision feature on my video camera. A sizeable portion of the 1,000 photographs were taken using this camera.

No comments: