Thursday, October 19, 2006

Movie Review - The Departed

With a reported budget of $90 million and a stable of big name stars (including Jack Nicholson, Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, and Martin Sheen), The Departed has little in common with the movies I normally go to see. Having said that, this is one of the best movies I have seen in years.

The movie is a masterpiece. When it ended, I said there for a minute while the credits rolled just so that I could catch my breath from the incredible performances. Mark Walberg in particular gave an award-worthy performance.

I am not going to discuss the story line. I would rather you see the movie for yourself. The movie is extremely violent at times, but when it is over, the you will not be thinking about the violence -- you will be thinking about the magnificent movie you just saw.

No comments: