Monday, January 01, 2007

Starting Out the New Year Right

I do not have cable television, so I was unable to watch any of the college football bowl games today. To be honest, I would not have watched them even if I had cable, because football bores me. I would probably have watched the Food network instead.



Since I don't have cable, I decided to act out my own cooking show. A quick search of the fridge provided the ingredients for tonight's dinner:


  • one chicken breast, skinned

  • half a red pepper

  • half a sweet onion

  • one quarter of a tin of apricots

  • the remnants of a half pound block of feta cheese

Dinner was extremely easy to make. I coated the chicken, pepper, and onion in a mixture of olive oil and crushed spices and cooked at 375 for 20 minutes, turning everything once. At the end of 20 minutes, I placed the apricots on the chicken and turned the over to broil for 2 minutes. Once the 2 minutes were up, I moved the apricots from off the chicken and replaced them with two thin slabs of feta cheese. I continued broiling the food for another 6 minutes, until the red pepper was a bit black and the feta cheese was a nice brown.


This is what the final dish looked like:



No comments: