Monday, June 19, 2006

Long Time, No Blog

It is hard to believe that it has been over a week since my last posting.

In part, this is because I have been busy at work, both creating training materials and failitating sessions. Any free time I had was spent on the day-to-day activities that everyone has to face.

In part, this was because I was reading a fascinating book called Safari by a man named Bartle Bull. Safari traces the history of big game hunts in Africa from the turn of the 19th Century to the present. It profiles some of the great hunters like Frederick Courtney Selous (whom they named the Selous Scouts after) and J.A. Hunter.

I greatly enjoyed Safari. In fact, rather than racing through the book, I savoured it -- reading, and re-reading, one chapter a night so as to draw out the experience. Unlike many of the books I read, I truly wished I could travel back in time to see things the way the main characters saw them.