Friday, June 09, 2006

Silent B. de Griot

I have been too busy to post anything for the past few days because I have been playing with video editing programs.

I was supposed to be attending a senior management conference next week with my company, but we have been hiring so many people the last month that I have to cover off one of the training groups in the classroom. I can't say that I am upset about that, since I love training and generally find conferences boring, but it has meant that I needed to create a "virtual griot" to take my place.

At first, I tried filming it. It was not bad for a first time, but I still need to learn how to mix the sound so that it doesn't sound like I am talking from inside of an industrial-sized brewery vat. I also need to work on the lighting, since my bedroom "studio" was not really meant for filming training videos.

In the end, I decided to go for the option of using animated, narrated PowerPoint presentations using wave files. It is not quite as flashy as I would have liked, but I needed to work out a couple of kinks in my storyboarding process any how.