Monday, February 12, 2007

Another Sign of the Endtimes?

Boy, am I pissed off today!

You see, Saturday saw one of the most disgusting displays of arrogant affluence that I can recall.
40 of the world's wealthiest gourmands and their guests gathered in Bangkok for what has been dubbed "the meal of a lifetime". The meal -- which was prepared by six three-star Michelin chefs from Europe -- cost diners $25,000 each and featured truffles, live Brittany lobsters, caviar, and some of the best vintages of wine in the world.

I know that my recent posts have been a bit political in nature, but things are just so buggered up these days that it is hard to limit myself to comments on how cold it is or what music I am listening to. Events like this are just not right!

I realize that the guests have the money to afford the meal. They also have the money to pay for private jets to get to Thailand and to afford private islands, expensive cars, and watches that cost tens of thousands of dollars. The problem is that there is no way in the world that anyone can justify spending this much money when people are still dying of AIDS and other diseases, when children die of starvation or thirst, and when the world is faced with what could be catastrophic climate change.

$25,000 dinners are just another sign that something has got to change -- and change fast. I know that communism died with the Soviet Union, but these people have got to understand that there will be a revolution against such excesses unless they get their shit together.

No comments: