Thursday, February 08, 2007

Kudos to You, Vancouver (and Alison)

I was looking on Wikipedia early today (February 8th) and I noticed that the feature article is on my (adopted) home town - Vancouver, British Columbia. Glad to see my old stomping grounds getting some recognition.

Interestingly enough, the previous day's featured article was on Alison Kraus, one of my two favourite female country vocalists. (The other is Emilylou Harris.)

Prior to that there were articles on scouting, the Russian T-34 tank, ecclesiastical hierarchy, and sea birds. It just so happens that I was a cub scout, have made several T-34 plastic models, am the son of a Lutheran minister, and have been known to be an avid bird watcher.

Hey - I think they are spying on me and using my interests to select their featured articles! If Saturday's featured article is about paranoia, I will know for certain.

No comments: