Friday, May 11, 2007

The Great Adventure: Episode 12

Today is my last full day in Canada before the journey begins, and it has been filled with running around and talking to people. I am a bit tired, but that is probably the result of not getting to sleep until 4:30 this morning. (Or maybe it is the result of waking up at 10:00 after not having gotten to sleep until 4:30 this morning.)

I am not nervous in the sense that my stomach is churning with butterflies, but I am looking forward to actually getting things started. I can remember wanting to go to Africa since I was a teenager, but my mother told my wife that I wanted to go even as a child. Apparently, I was always fascinated by the missionaries who periodically made the rounds of Lutheran churches telling tales of Africa and New Guinea. Whatever the reason, Africa has called me for decades and I am finally answering the call.

No comments: