Friday, November 02, 2007

Today's Playlist

I was in the mood for something different, so tonight I am listening to songs sung in French. Not that I speak French. Having spent most of my high school years in American schools that did not offer French, I have never acquired much beyond "Bon jour", "Merci", and "Tout le fruit". I do, however, like the sound of the language.

Here's what's on the playlist :
  • San Franciso - Mouloud
  • Si la Photo est Bonne - Barbara
  • Pop Art - Rouge Rouge
  • Sang d'Encre - Jean Le Loup
  • Jungle Man - La Phaze
  • Eternelle - Brigitte Fontaine
  • L'Ere des Effets Secondaires - Roche, Roche
  • Isabelle - Jean Le Loup
  • La Boob Oscilator - Stereolab
  • Lebanese Blonde (French version) - Thievery Corporation
  • L'Amour Est Sans Pitie - Jean Le Loup
  • Parisien du Nord - Cheb Mami
  • Sympathique - Pink Martini
  • Vadzimu - Peace of Ebony
  • Valse des Hypocrites - Mathieu Gaudet
  • Voulez-Vous? - Arling & Cameron
  • Cache Cache - Rouge, Rouge
  • Edgar - Jean Le Loup

I know, Parisien du Nord is primarily in Arabic but the rap portion is in French so it made it onto the list. As for Jean Le Loup's repeated appearance on the list, what can I say? The man is fantastic.

No comments: