Thursday, June 21, 2007

And Then There Were Two

It is funny how fluid the volunteer situation is here at the orphanage. On Sunday, there were six volunteers staying here. In addition to myself, there were:
  • Betsy and Sarah, twins from Colorado
  • Liz, a volunteer from North Carolina
  • Marla and Sarah, a mother-daughter team of volunteers from North Dakota.

Today, there are two volunteers at the orphanage: Liz and me. The twins flew home to the States early Tuesday morning, and Marla and Sarah left yesterday to spend a few days in Dar Es Salaam. Liz is leaving Monday, but a new volunteer from New Zealand will be coming the same day to take her place, so I won't be alone.

And as for me? Well, I will be here for a long time still. I won't be going home until the second half of July.

No comments: