Friday, June 15, 2007

A Great New Discovery

I saw a beautiful little lizard on Thursday. It was less than 3 inches long. It had a cornflower blue body and a bright yellow head. I asked a couple of the workmen what the lizard was called, but nobody knew the answer. (Either that, or their command of the English language was no better than my command of Kiswahili.)

I can only assume that I have discovered a new species and I have decided to follow in the footsteps of a long line of western explorers and scientists and name it in honour of the gentleman who discovered it. I shall therefore name the lizard Phillips' Yellow-Headed Lizard. I shall await assigning it the appropriate classification until I have reviewed that particular topic in the biology text book. In the meantime, feel free to pencil it in on your lists of African reptiles.

No comments: