Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Seeing Poetry

I don't always see things the way other people do.

Sometimes I see things as photographs. I may be walking down the street and all of a sudden I see a photograph perfectly composed before me. Sometimes I just stand there, taking in the beauty of the scene. Other times I attempt to capture what my eyes have seen on my camera. I am seldom successful. I keep on trying nonetheless.

Sometimes I see things as poems. I may be sitting in a classroom listening to the teacher and all of a sudden I experience the scene as a poem. Sometimes I just sit there, taking in the beauty of the scene. Other times I attempt to capture what my mind has seen on paper. I am seldom successful, but that doesn't matter. I keep on trying nonetheless.

There are times when I think this way of seeing is a curse, and I hate it. I wish I could see the world like other people do. Most times, though, I consider myself blessed. On this trip, I definitely feel blessed, because I have been seeing many poems.

No comments: