Saturday, August 18, 2007

Things I Didn't Do Today

I did not go to the Chinese Lantern Festival at Ontario Place this evening. I was going to. That is to say, I had planned on doing so. However, I did not go. I was just too tired. Even with a 90 minute nap in the afternoon, I lacked the energy to drive all the way down to the lake shore.

I did not go to the Canadian National Exhibition today either. I had considered doing so, although my plans for the CNE were nowhere as firm as my plans for the Lantern Festival were. The Ex only opened yesterday, so there is still plenty of time to see it. Besides, it is the first weekend the CNE was open, and I didn't feel like being part of the crowd.

Nor, surprisingly enough, did I go see Superbad, the coming-of-age comedy that has been advertised for the past month as the "sleeper hit" of the summer. Once again, I lacked the intestinal fortitude to deal with the crowds.
And last, but not least, I did not work on a novel, a play, a script, or any other form of literature.
I wonder what I won't do tomorrow.

No comments: