Thursday, December 14, 2006

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like ... Easter?

I hate to sound like one of those weather fanatics whose favourite television chanel is The Weather Network, but I am intrigued by the winter we are having. Today it got up around 12 degrees Celsius (that's 54 degrees Fahrenheit). We have had very little snow thus far this year, and what snow we had was gone within a couple of days. We've had more rain than normal.

I don't know if this is evidence for global warming or not. I realize that it has, on occasion, still gotten below freezing at night. On the other hand, I find it worrisome when I am able to see buds on the branches of trees on the 14th of December.

I do know one thing -- a lot of people will not get into the full Christmas spirit until the winter weather comes.

No comments: