Monday, December 04, 2006

My Celebrity Sighting

So there I am in Michelle's Baguette on St. Clair (or as the locals pronounce it, Sinclair). I had just gotten in line behind a man in a bomber jacket when this tall dude with platinum hair and a large platinum moustache walks by me and grabs a bottle of water from the cooler. He tells the guy in the bomber jacket that he was taking a water, and that guy paid the cashier.

As he walked past me, I notice that the tall man looked kind of familiar. A second later I realized that the man who had grabbed the bottled water was none other than wrestler Hulk Hogan. The whole encounter took less than 10 seconds and then it was over, but I was left with one overpowering thought -- I thought he was taller.

I mean, I am a little over six feet tall, but Hogan couldn't have been more than two-and-a-half inches taller than me. He was still impressive -- especially considering he is 53 now -- but he looks way bigger on television. I wonder if that is true for all professional wrestlers.

No comments: