Tuesday, December 12, 2006

My Playlist

I am listening to some CDs that I have not played in a while -- albums from the African section of my music library. Some of the albums are compilation albums, while others are single artist albums. The titles I have listened to since Sunday are:

  • The Queen of African Pop - Brenda Fassie (1964-2004)
  • The Best of Miriam Makeba, The Early Years
  • Spirit of African Sanctus, The Original Recordings by David Fanshaw (1969-1973)
  • The Very Best of Africa
  • The Best of Africa, The Millennium Collection
  • Women of Africa (a Putomayo presentation)

The great thing about African music is its wide range. There are traditional songs, dance music, and fusions of jazz and traditional music. The next group of CDs I listen to will broaden the range, because I will be listening to artists such as Angelique Kidgo, the Kutis, Youssou N'Dour, and Ali Farka Toure.

No comments: