Saturday, April 07, 2007

Go, Leafs, Go, But Raptors Go Harder

Okay, so I really couldn't care less if the Leafs make it to the playoffs -- who cares? There are a lot of people who do seem to care, and I would hate to see them disappointed. That's why I am throwing a shout out to the Leafs as they prepare for what can only be described as a "do or die" game tonight.

The Leafs need a win in regulation time against the Habs tonight along with an Islanders loss in their two games in order to make the playoffs. I realize that this is not exactly the situation Leafs fans want to be in, but at least Toronto still has a chance, unlike Boston or Florida or Phoenix.

Having said that, even if the Maple Leafs do claw their way into the playoffs, I have decided not to jump on the bandwagon, not with the Raptors clinching their first division title last night. Unlike the Leafs, I think the Raptors have a real chance to go all the way this year, assuming there are no more catastrophic injuries. So if I can steal a chant from Leaf Nation, "Go, Raptors, Go!"

No comments: