Thursday, April 05, 2007

My Reading List: A Tale of Inefficiency

At what point does multi-tasking become attention deficit disorder?

I am currently in the middle of reading a couple of books. Well, technically I am in the middle of reading five books:

  • Bambi vs. Godzilla: On the Nature, Purpose, and Practice of the Movie Business by David Mamet
  • The Death of Hitler by Ada Petrova and Peter Watson
  • Dancing in the Streets: A History of Collective Joy by Barbara Ehrenreigh
  • Coaching for Results: A Skills-Based Workshop (Leader's Guide) by Donna Berry, Charles Cadwell, and Joe Fehrmann
  • The Rough Guide to Tanzania

I am reading the fourth one because I am studying for a professional certification exam through the Canadian Society for Training and Development, and I am using the last one in regards to my upcoming trip to Tanzania. As for the other three, I am either (a) not interested enough in any one book to concentrate on it, or (b) too interested in all of them to concentrate on a single book. I guess it doesn't matter in the end, doesn't it?

No comments: