Monday, April 02, 2007

Great Sports Day in Toronto

I am not much of a sports fan but if I were today would be my kind of day.

First of all, the Raptors have secured a playoff berth for the first time in five seasons. Good work, guys. It has been a fun season to follow you -- sort of like watching a real life version of Hoosiers. (And a special shout out to Chris Bosh who is the NBA's co-player of the week

Secondly, the Blue Jays won their opening game against the Tigers. It took an extra inning, but the boys got the job done. I know there are a lot more games to go, but I can honestly say that my team is currently undefeated!

Last, and in my case definitely the least, the Maple Leafs are not out of playoff contention yet. I don't follow hockey, having never played the game, but there are enough citizens of Leaf Nation around here that I hope they make it all the way to the Stanley Cup. And if they do, I will make a running jump onto the bandwagon like the rest of the city. You heard it here first.

No comments: