Thursday, July 05, 2007

I Am Lost in a Sea of Volunteers

It's hard to believe, but I am now one of fourteen volunteers here at the orphanage. On Sunday it was only Lisa and me here, but on Monday we got one returning volunteer and eleven new volunteers who are here to build a new school building. Rumours abound as to the purpose of the building -- whether it is a library or a science laboratory.

My money is on the science lab for three reasons. First, there are not many books in the library at the moment, but the building has been planned for several months. Second, the girls will be required to conduct actual hands-on scientific experiments next year. Lastly, the science teacher went with me to check out the progress and he told me how many students he thought could fit in.

I wonder if any of the new people read this blog? If not, I may just be on TShilling Street. Hahahahaha. (That was a maniacal laugh a la any number of James Bond villians.)

No comments: